With early identification and intervention, there is hope.
- Understand the difference between “bad behavior” and symptoms of a mental health condition.
- Recognize early warning signs.
- Communicate and partner with families effectively.
- Link to community services quickly.
- Create a supportive learning environment for all students.
Empowering teachers and school personnel to make a lasting difference in the lives of their students, NAMI Parents & Teachers as Allies (PTA) opens the door for schools to make a difference.
Our free, 90-minute, on-site presentation is led by a team from your community consisting of a young adult with a mental health condition, a parent and a teacher.