President: Darryl Elliot
Vice President: Pam Zweifel
(805) 543 - 1825
Secretary: Joey Martinez
Treasurer: Nancy Griffin
Family to Family: Henry Herrera
Farmers Market: Heidi Leidel
Forensic: Rae Belle Gambs
Library: Heidi Bezaire
Membership: Pam Zweifel
Newsletter & Web: Katy Zweifel
Parents & Teachers as Allies: Marcia Bess
Support Groups: Madeleine & Joe Johnson
NAMI SLOCO DOCUMENTS
NAMI SLOCO is dedicated to providing support and resources for those with a mental illness and family, friends and loved ones of those with mental illness. We hold meetings at 6:45 on the third Tuesday of every month at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in San Luis Obispo.
membership information >
NAMI SLOCO OBJECTIVES
- To share problems and concerns, as well as the means for overcoming them, at regular monthly NAMI meetings.
- To assist each other and provide moral and emotional support in times of crisis.
- To help all who are affected by mental illness, either directly or indirectly.
- To educate ourselves and to provide information about mental illness to our community.
- To advocate legislation which can improve the quality and the availability of treatment for those with severe mental illnesses and to provide legislative updates regarding mental health issues.
- To promote research into the causes and cures of mental illness, and to help raise funds for that purpose.
- To monitor public and private mental health facilities.
- To help eradicate the stigma associated with mental illness