NAMI Peer-to-Peer helps you:
- Create a personalized relapse prevention plan
- Learn how to interact with health care providers
- Develop confidence for making decisions and reducing stress
- Stay up-to-date on mental health research
- Understand the impact of symptoms on your life
- Access practical resources on how to maintain your journey toward recovery
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, 10-session educational program for adults with mental illness who are looking to better understand their condition and journey toward recovery. Taught by a trained team of people who've been there, the program includes presentations, discussion and interactive exercises. Everything is confidential, and NAMI never recommends a specific medical therapy or treatment approach.
Participants come away from the course with a binder of hand-out materials, as well as many other tangible resources: an advance directive and a relapse prevention plane to help identify tell-tale feelings, thoughts, behavior, or events that may warn of impending relapse and to organize for intervention; mindfulness exercises to help focus and calm thinking; and survival skills for working with providers and the general public.